Saturday, January 7, 2012

How Digitally Civilized am I?

Organisms exist and thrive so long as they either adapt to the environment around them, or adapt the environment to them. In the beginning, man made computers to solve his problems, or adapted them to suit himself. Now, computers and electronics have infiltrated every aspect of life, and it is we who must adapt to the computers around us. I personally have only a rudimentary knowledge of programming, networking, and the ins-and-outs of the machine. However, I feel more secure in my knowledge of how to survive in a digital world, and I feel that is what 'digitally civilized' means. Having grown up using computers to do homework, connect with friends, and research, I feel comfortable accepting technology as a part of my life and using it in an informed, efficient fashion. That's not to say I'm good at it, though. I hope that this class will significantly increase my understanding of how this digital world works, and how I can better 'civilize' myself to thrive in our electronic environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment